Nkabom

One thing I remembered is the sound of laughter and loud chatter
The house  was full, bumping into people at every turn
Shaking hands and telling stories
As time went on the people reduced and so did the noise
This beauty of this though, is I can close my eyes any day and time and still see their faces.
I don't remember all the conversations, but their faces? I do.
The bleeps of goats before they are slaughtered, clinks of glass, the gossips and my favorite the fights
   Because That Was Tradition
The situation in which these experiences occurred differed
I close my eyes and reply that song, remembering that smell, seeing the joy
The one that makes u feel welcomed, accepted no matter what
See the colours of kente and polished shoes and know
You are home
Welcome Home
I Bet You Missed It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gen 1,2

Sinner's Prayer

ME