Love you

I am supposed to love you wholeheartedly without fear
With all the cracks and the broken put together pieces
I will never promise to love you forever
And have stopped admitting i miss you even though i cannot take a breath without thoughts of you
I look at you so sternly so as not to forget your features especially  when u are mad at me
I smile even when i am mad at you not because i don't bleed but i don't want to hurt you
I flirt not to make you jealous, i like the chase and like to keep you on your toes
Fire in me was ignited by you though i don't think we will survive  i think of leaving you everyday just before u put a smile on my face
I cannot believe am in this game with faith and destiny
I wonder if you are playing
I wonder if time is ever as unsure of itself like people are
What am sure of though is that you are a lesson
I get so nervous and have butterflies as if i escaped a land mine
The silence between us is deafening
Words you are so afraid to speak  can be seen in your eyes
Funny how your friend said we're meant to be
All i see around us are shadows of our past
oh! And yes i am a narcissist, I have to protect myself cos my feet are wobbly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gen 1,2

Sinner's Prayer

ME