Ogunu Diaries

Eii,eii, is it my own Ogunu you are talking about.
The bravest of the brave.
Ogunu whose mothers labour pains started at the first cry of thunder on the sacred market day
Born to the most beautiful maiden, fourth wife of Ayite the hunter
I have seen Ogunu and you have heard the stories
The boy had a way with women even at a tender age
I have seen Ogunu
Bathing in the Ikeja river and I can speak of his manhood
One that makes the gods proud.
Amina I heard told Nazab that Ogunu was too much of a man for her
Nazab and Ayina confessed the same
I suspect his prowess is fading
Aku and Sanem were not moved by their sessions
Ogunu whose first cry was heard at the beginning of the rain storm.
He must be brought forward.
He must show us he his still a man without fermented palm wine
He must show the gods still favour him
Ogunu,Ogunu...
Show your face

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gen 1,2

Sinner's Prayer

ME