I came to you with a heart full of knowledge of the fact that I wanted to be challenged by you
I could not have imagined the depth of emptiness you filled without knowing it there
The peace that captured my heart was imaginable in this time where I had given up on the hope of safety
I did not have butterflies cause there was assurance of the love in your touch, actions and words
This was so effortless like I had thought it would be and yet felt a dream
Opinion
You don't have the strength to turn Brace yourself Look up There's no sun Sometimes I don't fully get it Sometimes I think they do We keep spinning Walking past each other Running past each other We just don't know why we need to be together Understand each other Scream to be free Then, it goes silent We keep it all in And when the world literally shakes We point fingers at who is to blame Turn around there's no one there See the faults Solve the problem It's been you It's been me all along Must anyone be at fault? Thought the idea was to compromise They said we would fail we smiled We laughed won't let the world shame us We boldly told them; Never Here we are At cross roads Backs against each other Brace yourself It's been you It's been me We stand for us It has always been us Why can't we take responsibility Why can't we share blame We face them separately now
Comments
Post a Comment